Friday, May 18, 2018

Flashback Friday: Pee-Wee Baseball! Let The Games Begin.....

May 1998:
Games began, and our boys slowly began to figure out how to play their positions.  K was mainly in the outfield, though he began as a catcher.  We joked about our 'blind' catcher, who also thought it was his job to call strikes and balls, lol.  The umpire set him straight, but after it became apparent he was having problems catching, coach moved him to outfield, and AA, his BFF, became our (better!) catcher.

I also quickly realized our neighborhood was NOT an accurate cross-section of the community, as I got to know more people who lived 'in town'.  I did, however, become friendly with two other members in our subdivision.

K finished kindergarten and when we attended the end-of-the-year banquet, I was astonished to learn he was friendly with a few senior girls!  Turned out, he'd met them in the hallway during 'Special' classes....Library, Music, PE, Art, and Computer Lab.

Indy 500 Winner:  Eddie Cheever.  I spent a wonderful day with my 1st golf outing, successfully hitting the ball (and promptly losing it!), but also proving I could putt:)  Drove to Indianapolis and spent Saturday night with friends who lived in Coppertree Apartments, within a five minute walk to the track. Unfortunately, those friends moved the following year.  Still, it was awesome a) not to have to walk a mile and b) not having to fight the traffic!

Next Month:  Baseball Drama....

*************
Present Day:
I'm currently at my mom's, for a whirlwind de-clutter mission.  In all fairness, I've not done a great deal, other than to put her Easter decorations away, take her to a hair appointment, and do some other little things, but she assures me she appreciates it.  I leave tomorrow, but will be back next weekend for Memorial Weekend, and to attend the 500.

I'm also setting up at next Sat's Farmer's Market, AND holding a yard sale, in order to get rid of some items out of the brown house.  J and the kids are coming down to help.  What I don't get rid of next week will be taken to the Community Yard Sale next month, or simply donated.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: