Saturday, February 17, 2018

Flashback Friday: Making My Valentine Drool....

Feb 1998
I called T.

"Will you be my Valentine?"

"I'd like to be, but not this year."

"Too bad, because IF you were my Valentine, this is what would be waiting for you tonight:  Roasted pork loin, mashed potatoes, broccoli, fresh rolls, and a red velvet cake for dessert."

"WOW!  Is it too late to change my mind?  So......who's your Valentine this year?"

"Since it can't be you, then it's my kids."

Before you judge, remember, D was barely speaking to me and with the accident the previous month, was now making weekly trips to the chiropractor.  We were also getting ready to file our taxes.

Next Month:  Tax Refund Arrives!!!

***********
Present Day:
I was supposed to head home today, since my dad's surgery isn't until March 14th, but woke up feeling wonky yesterday.  Hopefully having lunch with a friend, as well as attending a teleconference with Hydra.

Don't know if I'll go to Kimmieoke tonight at the Eagles, or stay home and watch the Olympics.

Yesterday was a crazy day:  Lindsey Vonn ended up in 5th place in the women's Super G when Austria took over 1st and pushed her to 4th.....then a Czech Republic skier edged out Austria for the gold by .001 of a second!

In men's Figure Skating, Nathan Chen skated a near-flawless long program to go from 17th to first, until Japan edged him out. Then Spain and the final Japanese skater pushed him off the podium.  It ended up being Japan 1st and 2nd, Spain 3rd, and USA 4th.

I'd speculated that since Chen was now in 17th, maybe the pressure would be off and he'd land all his quads.....he did, doing 6, and only bobbling on one of them:)  When Andrea Joyce interviewed him, he confirmed it:  He just wanted to enjoy the moment, with no pressure:)

No comments: