Friday, January 26, 2018

Flashback Friday

Jan 2008:
Hubby underwent cataract surgery, and knowing full well about my eye phobia, decided to describe it in full detail, which had me screwing up my eyes and clutching my ears, vowing to NEVER have it done......or at least get a hefty dose of the 'I-don't-care' medicine.

I also took our Black Lab to Head Start to visit my youngling's class, and she was very well received:)

Eli Manning and the Giants were headed to the Super Bowl!

K received his driver's license:)  When a winter storm hit while he and I were at the store, I very nicely told him to go get our van and meet me at the door, so I wouldn't get too wet.

Next Month:  Valentine's Day!

****************
Present Day:
Temps have warmed up!  The snow has melted, and things are looking up.

The only uncertainty is my dad's surgery.  He's having two 3-hour stress tests next week, and while Mom asked me to come up, I can't, because W is having a root canal on Tuesday, then we have another appointment on Wed.  Right now, I'm scheduled to go up Feb 5th....but might change it to the 7th, since D has to be in Indy for his doctor appointments on that day.  So we'll see.....

New Diet
We're trying to go low-carb, and a do a modified keto diet.
Mon:  D made goulash (I was at the writer's meeting in Washington)
Tues:  Sweet-n-Sour Chicken (with only 2 cups of rice instead of 3)
Wed:  Homemade meatballs stuffed with goat cheese
Thurs:  Rosemary chicken with quinoa
Tonight, steaks, and tomorrow, spaghetti squash.

Hopefully this will help on my quest to drop 5 pounds each month???

No comments: