Friday, May 6, 2016

Flashback Friday: My 4th Grade 'Award'

May 1976
To Recap:  I was at the bottom of the social pecking order, and my teacher and I clearly did not get along.

At the beginning of the month, all fourth graders were invited to perform magic tricks, tell stories, or present art items.  I decided to perform a magic trick from the set I'd gotten at Christmas, and practiced it several times, so I had it down.

Until my turn came.  It failed, because the person I'd selected as my 'victim' didn't follow directions, further sinking me into the pit of humiliation.

Then came the awards.  I was beginning to think I wasn't going to win anything, but the last award was given to me:  "Miss Neat Hair".  I was so happy I wasn't left out, and was very happy to learn I was headed for 5th grade.

Also, I was selected to participate in our Girl Scout Flag Ceremony for the 6th graders who were moving on.

We attended the 500 Festival Parade.

Next Month:  Enjoying the nice weather!

*********
Present Day:
Our bi-polar weather continues!  We began the week in the 70's; dropped into the chilly 60's, and I guess it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow!  Wish Mother Nature would make up her damn mind....

We did have an enjoyable 25th anniversary, and tomorrow we're headed up to Indy for my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary surprise party (they never check FB or read this blog, so it's okay to say this here!), and going out to dinner with my parents.  At press time, it's unclear if any of the kids are going with us.  My spouse isn't happy, and apparently neither is my dad, so Mom and I concocted the 'going out to dinner' part, to appease the men!  Here's a few pictures of what's happened this week:


At Schnitzelbank Restaurant, Jasper, In, a German-style place that's veeeerry yummy!



What we looked like in 1991....



......and now!



Our cake that the kids decorated



Flowers from my parents....





My mother's Day flowers:)

Not sure if I'll make it to karaoke or not; depends on what time we return from Indpls.

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: