Friday, June 5, 2015

Flashback Friday: Disney World!

June 1975:
School was out!  We attended VBS, and I was disappointed.  The previous year, we'd watched movies and sang songs; this year we were going to be in groups and do craft projects, ugh.  My friend K went with me, which helped.

Mom announced we would be taking a family vacation to Florida, so we packed up and headed to Orlando.  We enjoyed playing on the beach and in the pool, but I was not happy Mom made us wear T-shirts over our bathing suits, to help block out the sun's rays.  Still, I got a bad sunburn.

Swimming in the Atlantic was interesting, though I soon learned to be terrified of jellyfish, watching several float past us as Mom led us out into deeper water.  I learned I preferred swimming in freshwater, disliking the salty taste.

Disney was fun!  We rode all the rides we could:  Snow White, Cinderella's Carousel; Mr. Toad's Wild Ride; Pirates of the Caribbean; Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, etc.  Space Mountain had opened, but when I learned it was a roller coaster, I opted not to go on it.  Dad and my sister did, while Mom and I rode the rocket ships.  10,000 Leagues Under The Sea was broken down, and we fell in love with It's A Small World and the Teacups:)  I remember Mom looking at our tickets and telling us we could go on ride A, ride B, or ride C, but not the Haunted Mansion again, because we didn't have anymore of those colored tickets.

We caught the riverboat back to the parking lot and enjoyed the fireworks during the boat ride.

************
Present Day:
One of my adoptees is headed to her own VBS camp, so she'll be gone today and next week:)  This entire week, MDQ and I have been helping with snacks at our VBS, and today is our final day.

I'm still hard at work on SaLie's story, and can almost 'see' the end.....

Miss Alexandria Nicole turns 3-three!-on Sunday!  Where did the time go????  She's too young to read this, so I'll tell you she's getting a pink tricycle, a piggy bank, and some 'big girl' panties.

Karaoke Songs:
I Want You To Want Me-Cheap Trick
Breakaway-Kelly Clarkson
I Was Made For Lovin' You-Kiss
I Will Always Love You-Dolly Parton

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: