Friday, May 29, 2015

Flashback Friday: Left Behind!

May 2005:
I'm not exactly sure why I was left off the 'guest list' for this year's Indy 500, but we took one y/o Youngling and the other two to the family gathering at my husband's cousin's house.  The race was on, so I spent the majority of my time in front of the telly.  With five laps to go, the daughter found me and announced Grandma was ready to go home.

"Can't she wait a few more minutes?  The race is almost over."

"I'll go tell Dad."

The excitement in the living room was electric when rookie Danica Patrick went around the leader.  I was moaning; I had sooo wanted to be there if and when a woman ever won!  But Dan Wheldon passed her....the a wreck caused the yellow light.....and Dan Wheldon won, Danica finishing 4th and becoming Rookie of the Year.  After watching the celebration in Victory Circle, I got up and went to find my family.

They were gone.

Gone?  How the hell was I going to get home?

When I called, all the spouse said was, "We told you we were leaving.  Find your own way home."  Click.

Fortunately, I was able to get a lift back to town an hour later with cousins on the other side of the family, but I was pretty steamed about the spouse's attitude!  I also resolved to never miss another 500!

********
Present Day:
I'm dealing with a medical issue.  Last Monday, I discovered I was having vertigo spells, and feeling nauseated.  I tried sleeping it off, but while the nausea subsided, the dizziness did not.  Wednesday morning, I had another dizzy spell while drying my hair and body, and bending over to do laundry.  I decided to call the doctor, but they couldn't get me in.  So, I went to the ER.

A CAT scan showed I did indeed still have fluid in my ear canal and also behind my mastoid bone.  More antibiotics were prescribed, as well as some anti-dizzy pills.  They make me sleepy, so I haven't had any today, since the dizziness has not bothered me since yesterday.

'Promotion' At Church:
I've been asked to be the summer time Cantor at church, so today I practiced for this Sunday's service.  My choir director will do the Gloria, Reponsorial Psalm and Alleluia, while I do the hymns.  Next week, I'll probably do the Responsorial, then turned loose on the congregation June 7th.  Hoooo boooooyyyy....hoping my ability to read doesn't desert me, as it sometimes does in practice, ha ha!

Today I also learned how close I need to be to the mike.

Karaoke:
Last Week:
I decided I could go for two hours, so sang the following:
Home Sweet Home Slightly wobbly
Never Been To Me Nailed it, except for the spoken bridge:  the words didn't light up.
I Found Someone Nailed it:)
I Will Be Nailed it:)
Automatic Did well:)  Think I'll sing this one again either at Bottom's Up or Burton's 2.

Tomorrow:
I Need To Know (Marc Antony)
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do (Neil Sedaka)
I Want To Know What Love Is (Foreigner)
I Will Come To You (Hanson)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: