Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Catch Up and March Reading Schedule

It's been hectic around here.  Saturday night's launch party of Hotel Stories went well, and my Cher tribute was spot on:)  Sunday went well, other than a snow storm which cancelled Religious Ed for the kids, so got to have breakfast after the 8am service.  At Requiem practice, I ended up sitting in the 2nd row, Stage Right, and during the hour break, went to the piano and worked for a half an hour on my main trouble spot until I got it.  Then went through the Red Skelton museum until dress rehearsal.  Afterward, grabbed my camera and shot some pics of everyone while we waited to line up.

Concert went well!  My dad didn't make it, since Lafayette received a foot of snow; we only had half of that.  I've been told a recording was made, so I'll post the link on my FB page when I get it.  I also hope to have a copy to show my parents, since they can't post the whole thing online.

Took my Youngling to dinner at the Montana Mike's steakhouse, then went home for ice cream and cake.  I was so tired I went to bed early.

Yesterday, we had to drive to Princeton for ISTEP testing.  The spouse and I took Miss A to breakfast at Denny's, then drove to Evansville, where we spent forty-five minutes in Barnes and Noble, until the Mall opened.  She then spent an hour running around the Craftsman/Lawn and Garden area, and fell asleep on the way back.

Today's test was shorter, so we ate breakfast at Burger King and let A run around the play area.

Feb Recap:
Books Read:  9
            Print:  1
            E-book:  8
            DNF:  3

Songs Added To Karaoke Good List:  4

Goals Met?
-NiKoh edited and off to proofreader
-1st installment sent for CTAHS
-Hotel Stories launched
-Mastered most of Mozart's Requiem, even trying to convert a church choir hymn to Latin!
-Salie's Story is now 12K, but not sure where I started.
-Did not work on Hearts of Braden

March Goals:
-Add 20K to SaLie's story
-Approve NiKoh's cover art  Check:)
-Promo NiKoh  Check:)
-Send 2nd installment for CTAHS
-Pay for MW Writer's Conference
-Pay for Day with Authors Won Reader Ticket!  Whoot!
-Get promo together for Madison signing (NiKoh and Hotel Stories)  Check:)
-Order more Hotel Stories copies  Check:)

Reading Schedule:
Diplomat's Daughter-Carolyn Wren  RR  Very good story!  Looking forward to more:)
Kentucky Woman-Jan Scarbough  DRR!  Loved this!!!
Hard Drive-Tricia Anderson  Very good!  Now I need the 1st book in this series:)

Karaoke Songs:
Breathe-Breaking Benjamin
Broken-Lifehouse
According To You-Orianthe
Don't You Wanna Stay-Kelly Clarkson/Jason Aldean
The Climb-Miley Cyrus
Consider Me Gone-Reba
I Can't Drive 55-Sammy Hagar 'E' for effort, but bleh!
I Honestly  Love You-Olivia Newton-John  Nailed it:)
I Hope You Dance-Lee Ann Womack  Nailed it:)
I Just Called To Say I Love You-Stevie Wonder Bleh....too low
I Just Can't Stop Loving You-Michael Jackson  So-so
I Got The Boy-Jana Kramer  DNH
I Knew I Loved You-Savage Garden  Ugh...a bit low...
I Love Rock-n-Roll-Joan Jett  Not bad....but great either.

No comments: