Friday, August 29, 2014

Flashback Friday

Aug 1994:
Miss S was now one month old, and with the temps soaring into the 90s, baby K and I spent nearly every afternoon at the pool, once I was able to drive.  Fortunately, stepdaughter J spent the weeks following her birth with us, and was able to play with K in the pool.

I'd called the nurse to see if it was okay to put my baby girl in the pool, and she told me I could try it.  But when S's little feet hit the cool water, she drew up her legs with a squeal.  So I set up her pack-n-play in a corner of the pool deck, under an umbrella, and checked on her often.  She slept, while the rest of us frolicked in the pool, then we'd return to the A/C apartment and cook on the grill.


Aug 2004:  
Kids went back to school, and things began to settle down.  Every morning, baby W would 'ring' the wind chimes, and would play on his blanket in the family room.  If I didn't mention it before, he once pulled his own hair.  We thought Keisha had bothered him, but she had jumped up to see why he'd cried out.  Whew!  Since K had bit and S had pinched, I was hoping beyond hope that W would not turn out to be a hair puller.  Thankfully, this episode 'cured' him of ever pulling anyone's hair!

K was now in the 7th grade, and S in the 4th.  I was thrilled S had gotten the 'better' of the two teachers, since K had also had Mrs. K, and the transition was easy.


*************
Present Day:
I'm off to the Wine and Art Festival in Washington, In tonight!  My books arrived on Wed, and I'm going to try Jean Joachim's suggestion and price them lower.  Wish me luck!

Tomorrow's Karaoke Line Up:
Heaven-Warrent
Heaven Can Wait-Meatloaf
Heaven Is A Place On Earth-Belinda Carlisle
Black Velvet-Allanah Myles

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Molly! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be able to answer my quick question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)