Monday, March 3, 2014

Feb Recap and March Reading Schedule

Feb Recap:
February was another bi-polar month, weather-wise.  Frigid temps during the week, then warming trends, only to be slapped back into sub-freezing temps.  Plus, a financial snafu occurred, making Valentine's Day a rather somber day around here until Payday on the 19th.  I also spent several days avoiding opening my mouth, since no matter what I said, the spouse found fault with it and snapped at me.

Books Read:  7, with four more I couldn't finish.  Either the characters failed to interest me, or I realized I didn't care about the plot.  Or simply due to the fact it was taking too long between reading intervals and I'd lost interest.  I NEED MY KINDLE BACK!!!!

Karaoke:  Added two songs:  From This Moment and Genie In A Bottle.

Health/Exercise:  Managed to lose another pound!  And have been illness-free, though still congested.

Submission/Writing:  Still waiting to hear whether or not Kenzie's alien-meets-human story has been accepted.  Reached Ch. 2 in the 2nd book and need two titles, plus a name for the series.

March Reading Schedule:
Print:
Lone Wolf-Jodi Picoult Wonderful!!!  DRR

E-book:
Love Letter for a Sinner- Lynne Shura Good story; some mild head-hopping.  Got tired of Layla.
The Princess and the Templar-Hebby Roman  CNF  The 1st half was enough for me; storyline dragged.
True Nature-Neeley Powell LOVED this unusual shifter story!!!  DRR
Marriage Counseling from a Stripper Pole-T. Lee Alexis DNF
Love by Auction-Clarissa Yip Good:)
Alien Adoration- Jessica Subject Wonderful!  RR
Alien Admirer-JS Also excellent!  RR
Slipping on Stardust-Gordon Osmond Not what I was expecting.
Double Threat-Julie Prestsater DNF
The Girls From Tonsil Lake-Liz Flaherty Excellent!!!
Silver Lining-T.R. McClure Wonderful!

Karaoke Songs:
          Ghost Riders in the Sky (Outlaws) Bleh.
          Girl Can't Help It (Journey) Okay
          Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper) Okay
          Get Down Tonight (KC and Sunshine Band) Not bad
          Give it Up (KC) Not bad
          Give Me One Reason (Tracy Chapman) Okay???
          


No comments: