Friday, January 3, 2014

Flashback Friday: Belated Birthday And Special Attention?

Jan 1974:
I returned to school after the break with a fresh batch of homemade cupcakes and was finally able to celebrate my 8th birthday with my class.  I also think this was when I began taking my mom's historical biographies to school for reading material, and my favorite of the two teachers, Mrs H, took notice of my reading ability.  One day she surprised me by taking me down to the 'big kids library', the one the 4th-6th graders used, and showed me the biography section.  She began letting me check out a few books a week on her card, and I was thrilled!   No more 'baby' books from the K-3rd grade library for me!

I devoured biographies of Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, Dolley Madison, Virgina Dare, Jane Addams, Betsy Ross, Jessie Fremont, and Rachel Jackson.  I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones I can instantly recall, probably because I read them so often!

Next Month:  A Friend's Birthday Party

***********
Present Day:
We received about an inch of snow yesterday, and supposed to get more over the weekend.  If I'm able to make it out to karaoke, here are the songs I plan to sing:

Flashdance (Irene Cara)
Foolish Beat (Debbie Gibson)
Foolish Games (Jewel)
I Will Be (Leona Lewis)
Suds In The Bucket (Sara Evans)

No comments: