Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hectic Weekend, Hectic Week!


Friday, I made a whirlwind trip home for a mini-reunion with my HS classmates.  Here I am with Les, who took me to my 1st HS dance; Melissa, whom I've been friends with our junior high days at church; and the lovely Susan, who I knew of when we were at JHS, but didn't really get friendly with until FB:)



Me and JC, who's now a DJ on an Indpls radio.  He and I were the token 'celebs'of the night, lol:)



Two classmates I've not seen in nearly 30 years:  Shannon, who shared PE with me, and Jeff, who I believe I'd only seen in the halls.  And Craig, who was in band with me, and at the last reunion:)



Another HS friend I hadn't seen since graduation, Tonya.



And Fred, our class clown-turned-HS-organizer.  I rendered him 'speechless' three years ago, and after our group migrated to anther bar after midnight, he kept accusing me of trying to put him into my next book.  Keep it up, Freddy, and I just might, lol!

Sat:
Made it home in time to change clothes and run to the George Rogers Clark Memorial for the Outdoor Mass.  I had a total 'blonde moment' on the second refrain of the 4th song, but recovered by the 2nd stanza. And many people told us we sounded wonderful:)

Came home and found my hubby engaged in a project.  For some perspective, here's our current kitchen floor:

U-G-L-Y (you ain't got no alibi, you ugly.  Yeah, yeah, you ugly!)  Sorry for the sophomoric HS cheer there....but yes....



And here is his proposed solution:  Sandstone peel-n-stick squares.  When he first mentioned this, we thought we were going to have to repaint the blue walls.  But no; there's a blue 'tile' which, combined with the blue walls and the blue trash cans, 'pops' out:)  So when the spouse gets home from his camping trip, this is what we'll be doing.

Sun:
After church, I ate a quick lunch and got ready to leave for the Community Choir practice, then concert.  No one in my family would go to take pictures or video, so I'm hoping maybe our organist had her camera with her.  With only two practices, and a lot of skipping around, I managed to follow along through all 8 songs, only getting hopelessly lost on #7 halfway through.  But since the words and melody were somewhat the same, I was able to fake it until I found my place again!  And yes, when I caught up to Gloria, our organist, she said the 40 voices sounded amazing!

Yesterday:
The granddaughter spent several hours with me while her mommy had an appointment, then did laundry at our house.  So of course I had to take pictures:)



She looks very happy, doesn't she?  We watched the finale of Warehouse 13 and ate chicken and dumplings (well, her mommy and I did.  Alex had rice cereal and formula, then took a nap!)  I'm going to have her again this afternoon while her daddy has an appointment, and her mommy finishes up her laundry.

Currently Reading:  I'm nearly finished with How To Woo A Reluctant Lady, and I've obviously reading this series backwards!  Oh well....wouldn't be the first time, lol!  Plus, when I arrived home, Mom gave me a package with Jamie Carie's latest, A Duke's Promise, which I had asked my dad to go to her local book signing and get for me.

E-Books:  Loved Kerrianne Coombs' The One Which Got Away!!!  Recommended Read for anyone who loves a good reunion story:)  Next up:  Desiree Holt's Collision Course.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Alex is beautiful and definitely looks happy!

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Amber:)