Friday, October 26, 2012

Flashback Friday

Oct 2002:
My husband had been acting tired lately, and I chalked it up to the fact he was putting in a lot over hours on the job, and he was getting older.  But despite my nagging him to go get a check up, he refused.  So when my annual check up came around, I proceeded to tell Dr. S about his symptoms.

"Wait a minute....who's getting the check up today?"

I grinned.  "Me, but I can't seem to get him to come see you."

"Is he out in the waiting room?  Good; I'll deal with him when we're done.  Now let's get to your health."

After he pronounced me healthy, he walked out to the waiting room door and signaled to D to come in.  D wondered if something was wrong with me; Dr. S shook his head.

"She told me about your symptoms; you will make an appointment to see me asap, and you will keep it.  Understand?"

D protested, but Dr. S didn't back down.  And finally agreed to be seen in a few weeks.

Then, on Halloween, my oldest son went out and bought a long yellow wig.  He borrowed one of my stretchier-fabric dresses, crammed his feet into a pair of my pumps, and wore an old bra of mine, which we stuffed with socks.  And walked around the neighborhood as a girl.

I think the daughter put on the 'Scream' mask and cape and walked around with her friends.  And we all laughed when K returned, carrying the high heeled shoes, and swapped them out for his sneakers!

Present Day:
Tried out some new songs last night at karaoke, and found out my friend J has a very good voice!  She sang Frank Sinatra's My Way and did VERY well!

Here's my score card:
-Complicated (Avril Levign):  Bleh.  Was a bit warbly and even off-key at times.
-Cool Change (Little River Band):  I love this song, and was thrilled when I nailed it!  Even received cheers:)
-Crazy For You (Madonna):  I love this song, but I don't like the way I sound in the speakers.  I'll keep this for an 'after midnight' song.
-I Will Be (Leona Lewis):  Another song I love, and I did it fairly well; just need more practice on the bridge.
-Talk To Me (Stevie Nicks):  This is one of  my all-time favorite Stevie songs, but it apparently doesn't like to be sung by me!  Too low on the verses, so unfortunately, this one I will only sing in private from now on:(
-Stay (Sugarland):  Need practice; I wasn't entirely sure of a few notes.
-Listen To Your Heart (Roxette):  Had to end the night with a song I know I do well, and again received cheers:)

I'll be a our 2nd annual Harvest Moon Festival tomorrow, so I'll see you again next week!