Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wip Meme

Currently Reading:  I'm almost finished with Anyone Out There by Marian Keyes.  Aside from some really strange clothing that I'm having trouble visualizing ANYONE wearing, I'm loving this book!  And Definite Recommended Read!  Also, DRR for Linda Mooney's My Strength, My Power, My Love!  Getting ready to finally read Sommer Marsden's The Anniversary Party.


Another author friend posted this on a loop, and before I could respond, she'd already 'tagged' her 5 friends.  Since I'm not 'officially' part of this MeMe, I won't tag anyone.  And as the title states, this is about my current WIP.

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:
What is the working title of your book?
None at the moment; the file is called Disgruntled Coworker #2, aka 'Zombie Story'.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
It was originally going to be a part of an 'Off The Clock' anthology, put together by my writer's group.  But I seemed to be the only one working on it!  And one morning, I woke up with this angry gentleman in my head, telling me all about his gripes with the world.  The third time he repeated himself, I decided to get up and write it down.  Then didn't have any idea of what to do with it, so sent it to a friend who immediately replied, "I soooo see zombies in the next scene!"  I told him to write that part.

He never did, so it sat on my computer for two years.  Then last winter, I happened to catch several episodes of The Walking Dead.  And a few days later, came across that wip.  Opened it up and the ideas began to flow again.  I think I'm up to Ch. 3, but then Kenzie took over the brain again.

What genre does your book fall under?
Definitely fiction, with a romantic element.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I'm kind of picturing George Clooney for the part of the doctor; Reece Witherspoon as the nurse; Conrad (Mark Vann) from CSI as the hospital CEO; and Channing Tatum as the first detective on the scene.  And Jessica Stroup (Silver from 90210) as the head of the hospital laboratory, plus Amy Adams as the reporter.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A strange explosion in the ER leads to chaos.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Hopefully I'll find a publisher!

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Still writing it, lol!  I'm on Ch. 3.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Anything of Stephen King, Michael Palmer, Robin Cook.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Honestly, I don't know.  Blame The Walking Dead.  Or the 2008 election (LOL!)

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
Who would have thought zombies and romance would be in the same book?

Kenzie will be answering these questions too, so why don't you go pay her a visit?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting interview.

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Amber:) Just hope I can get it finished before the zombie craze is over...