Friday, August 24, 2012

Flashback Friday: 1st Family Vacation!

Aug 1992:
We spent the night of July 31st moving into our new two bedroom apartment.  We set up the beds, unpacked the necessities, and went to bed.

The next morning, we got up, threw a suitcase together, and traveled to Nashville, IN.  (Did I mention my sister had graduated from Ball State the previous month, and one of my good friends had given birth to her son?  Shame on me for that oversight....)  We checked into the Holiday Inn at Columbus and greeted my parents and my sister.  Nephew D was captivated by my sis, who stands 6 ft tall in her stocking feet (I'm the 'short' one in my family).  We then headed for Nashville and ate lunch at the Nashville House, then spent an hour or so wandering the town.

We headed to Brown County State Park; W, Nephew D, and I took a horseback trail ride and toured.  After dinner, we went back to the motel and went swimming.

Sunday morning, my sis wanted to go back into town, so she, Nephew D, and I went back.  Sophie B. Hawkins 'Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover' was popular, and we belted it out during the ten-minute ride back to Nashville.  I forget what it was we went back for; I just remember enjoying some time away from my baby boy, who looked really cute in his Mickey Mouse swim suit (Swimmies hadn't been invented yet).

We checked out at noon, and returned home.  I began turning our apartment into a home.

The following week, I took Nephew D home.  D was working on the North side of Indianapolis, redoing the ramps on the Meridian St/465 interchange.  His car broke down; I'd tuck K into his car seat and we'd take Daddy to work, then later that night would go pick him up.  It was a peaceful time; K was 'cruising' the furniture and discovering his 'six foot arm span', lol!  He also discovered his window didn't have a screen, so one day he pulled himself out the window.  Not hearing any noises from his room, I checked on him and discovered him happily crawling down the sidewalk!  Needless to say, I called Maintenance and told them I needed that screen ASAP! (I'd already called about it, but no one had shown up with the new one yet.)

Present Day:
Good time at karaoke!  Darrell was taking some time off, so Brown filled in.  With only five of us in the bar, it became the Billie and Molly Show!  I sang the following:
-Wanted Dead Or Alive (Bon Jovi)
-I Remember You (Skid Row)
-Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone (Glass Tiger)
-Call Me When You're Sober (Evanescence)
-Just Like Jesse James (Cher)
-I'm The Only One (Melissa Etheridge)
-Fast Car (Tracy Chapman) ( I took over when Billie realized she didn't know it, lol!)
-Carry On Wayward Son (Kansas)
-Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Bonnie Tyler)
-New Divide (Linkin Park)

My left shoulder has been killing me every morning now for the past week.  I've been taking three Advil every morning and getting tired of it.  So I scheduled an appointment with a massage therapist friend, who keeps telling me to come see her.  And of course, this morning the pain is minimal!  But I'm keeping the appointment; I've not had a massage in nearly 8 years.  It's time to pamper myself a little, lol!

Publisher emailed, asking if I wanted Balancing Act to go to print, even though the others aren't long enough. I said  yes, since the Author Fair will only deal with a print book.  And I'm still hoping to be selected for it; I sent them the galley back on July 30th.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Have a good weekend:)

No comments: