Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"I'd Like To Thank E.L. James..."

I have to confess, I've only read a few snippets of 50 Shades of Gray, and read what other author friends have had to say.  So while I cannot comment on her content, I can state how this has impacted me.

I happen to live in a relatively conservative area.  And in previous years, my attempt to garner readers for myself and other authors has been met with 'Is it Christian Fiction?'

Um.....no.

And you may remember I recently acquired a Kindle.  And I take it everywhere.

Last week, I spent three days in the hospital with my daughter and new granddaughter.  Nurses would come in, see me reading on my device, and either mention they were reading 50 Shades of Gray or wanted a Kindle.  And I would graciously pull up my own work, which usually involved handing them a business card.  And in the case of the former, this gave me an awesome opening into Kenzie's work, along with other authors' work I admire:)

So thank you, E. L. James....you've opened up the eyes of Rural Indiana readers and have provided me a way to promote my work!

No comments: