Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So I Have A Good Excuse For Not Posting Yesterday....



Received this book in the mail on Monday, and yes, after posting my goals and staring blankly at my MS, I shut off the computer and started reading it.

And could. Not. Put. It. Down!  I literally had to  be dragged away from The Birches (setting of this book) because the family was about to go Angry Lynch Mob on me if I didn't get up and fix dinner.  I was already about to start Ch 15.  Yes, you saw that right.  I was on page 108/185.

And then decided to watch Celebrity Apprentice before any 'spoilers' appeared either on FB or twitter.

Tuesday:  Read all the way to page 180 during the daughter's half hour appointment.  Yes, she refused to stay in the waiting room with me while I finished the final 5 pages, so AGAIN I was forced away.  (Damn teenager.....can't she see her mom's occupied?  LOL!)  Came home; took her to school, and curled up to finish it.

WOW!  It's been a loooong time since I've been so engrossed in a story!  Jean does an awesome job of setting the scene, the tone, and weaving this beautiful love story.  I chuckled at an 'innocent' mistake; grimaced at a 'predictable' scene, but yes, it helped move the plot forward; and was thrilled with the pace of the ending.  Nothing rushed, and very sweet.

And while going to her blog to swipe this picture, I discover (drum roll please....) there's a SEQUEL!  Oh happy day!


I will definitely be buying this one!

So there you have it, my latest book on a short list of 'To-Be-Read-Again'.  Excellent job, Ms Jean!  A Most Definite Recommended Read from this fan:)  You can buy both books here, as well as her others:)


And the prequel is free when you click the link on her blog.  So what are you waiting for?  Head over to Jean Joachim's links above and be sure to block out PLENTY of time.  You will be sucked into these stories and deadlines, family commitments, and chores forgotten.

On The Edit Front:
I did manage to get another four pages accomplished yesterday.  Yes, small, but I was kinda occupied yesterday!!  Jean made me forget about my own story, lol!  Today I hope to be more productive.  Laundry is finished; my only appointment is later this afternoon, and tonight I have choir and karaoke.  So expect a karaoke update tomorrow:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I always enjoy finding new authors. :o)

Jean Joachim Books said...

Thank you, Molly, for this stellar review! I'm overwhelmed! You made my day. You're the best.

Molly Daniels said...

When I find a book I love, I shout it to the whole world:) And there's a SHORT list of 'Most Definite Recommended' (esp the first ones read by new author!), so be proud:)

Harlie Williams said...

Thanks for the review Molly. Heading over to Jean's now. I love it when a book sucks you in and you can't stop reading it.

Marika

Liz Flaherty said...

Sounds great, and it's like a gift, isn't it, finding a new author whose work you can drool over!