Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What Happened?

NCAA
For the first time in over ten years, I did not pick any of the Final Four teams.  Guess the law of averages finally caught up with me?  Or it could also be the pistachioes.....

In the first game, it was clear Kentucky was in charge.  They out-scored Baylor in the first three minutes; it was a 'You're-not-ready-to-play-with-the-big-dogs-yet' message.

And in game #2, UNC was holding their own against Kansas.  They were down four points when I ran out of pistachioes...and asked the SU if he'd go get me another bag; I was down to my last three nuts.  He refused, and Kansas promptly went on a 10-0 run.  All I could do was watch the slaughter.

So now I'm cheering on Kentucky:)  I was hoping Baylor would be a Cinderella team, but it's after midnight and everything has returned to its normal state.

Writing/Editing:
Last week, I spent an hour editing the first three chapters of Balancing Act.  Took a break, then the youngling fired up my laptop to play a game.  He told me the battery was getting low, so I went to get the charger.

And discovered I'd left it behind.

So Spring Break became a true vacation for me:)  I kept up with the email, but last year a virus landed on Dad's computer after I blogged; the kids played games; we all used Face Book.  And while I'm certain it was the kids' games, Dad's computer loads slowly, so I didn't really feel like waiting for Blogger.  I think next year I'm definitely going to get them a WiFi router!

I'd planned to get back to the editing yesterday, but decided to 'find' my bedside table.  And once I got started, I couldn't stop.  I also decluttered my entire side of the room.  And nearly missed my doctor's appointment.

Disability:
The spouse was approved:)  His first check should be arriving around the middle of the month, so this is a HUGE weight from our shoulders!  The spouse, of course, isn't happy about being labeled 'disabled', but the extra money now means we won't have to panic when the 20th arrives and we're down to $100 in the bank.  This also means I'll be able to buy books again:)  (And my fellow authors cheer.....)

Dog Spotted:
I saw the dog which bit my youngling, and called the police this morning.   No word yet if they've caught it.  It was black and tan, with markings like our German Shepherd Keisha, but with a pitbull/rottweiler face.  Tan hindquarters, and the tail curled upward.

Off to do some errands; I should be back to blogging regularly!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a nice vacation.

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Amber:) Just finished my edits and sent them back. THAT felt awesome! Now if I can just write some original words on the latest wip....sigh....