Friday, March 9, 2012

Flashback Friday and Karaoke Update

Sigh....I had fully intended to blog every day this week, but it ended up being another one of those weeks where I barely even got on Face Book!

March 1972:  Since I have no idea what was going on, I won't bore you with any speculation!  I'll be going to my mom's again in two weeks; I'll look at the photo albums and see if anything 'clicks':)

Present Day:
A Very Good Time was had by all last night at Karaoke:)  I was able to eliminate two more songs from my list:

Brass In Pocket (Pretenders):  I think I did this well, but it's not one of my favorite songs, so yes, sang it once, and will move on:)

Best Of Times (Styx):  I love this song, and I still want to try it one more time, where I can HEAR myself singing it.  Otherwise...it's going also!

Build Me Up Buttercup (The Foundations):  I think I sang this one okay also, but again, not one of my favorites.  Moving on....

Behind These Hazel Eyes (Kelly Clarkson):  The first time I attempted this, it was awful.  Last night, people cheered:)  So think I'll keep it, even though someone yelled, "Where's the high note?"  I answered, "I think it left for the night."

Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis):  Another song I do well.  When I took the microphone, I asked, 'Who was asking about the high note?  It might be in this one....":)

I was hoping Darrell would have more new ones on my list, but I was happy with the ones he chose:)

Have a good weekend; I'm off to a booksigning in Urbana, Ill tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll have good news to report on Monday:)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Life seems to be getting in the way of my blogging too. Good luck at the book signing!