Monday, October 10, 2011

Two More Weeks!

Once upon a time, the Arbor University Tales series was born.  And since books #2,3,4, and 5 were written, it was crucial book #1 needed to be finished.  Since I wanted 'Love' in the title, and 'Love on the Rocks' was the current working title of #2, I needed something which expressed the drinking/driving issue.  And 'Love is Sober' became the working title.



Fast-forward to 2002.  I discovered the self-publishing industry, and finished writing LIS in 5 weeks.  Ran it past several beta readers who all loved it, and the day after Thanksgiving, uploaded it, paid the $160 fee, and crossed my fingers.  The above picture is their interpretation of my cover sheet request, and being a newbie, thought, "Hmmmm....no college depicted; no party scene, no people...but they're the pro's, so maybe this will work?" and accepted it.  On New Year's Eve, I received the notice it was live on amazon, and made the spouse take me out to dinner.  Ten days later when I received my proof copies, reality set in.  What the hell had I done?


Fast-forward to 2011.  I've changed the title of book #2, so now 'Love On The Rocks' is free to be the title.  An awesome new cover is designed, and a good friend came up with a beautiful logo.

And two weeks from today, you can order the better edited, better titled, better STORY of the fictional life of my first roommate.  I'm thinking of doing a trivia contest to celebrate the re-release, so watch for details in the coming weeks.

Flashback to October 1971:
Yes, I was a bad blogger last week.  My second Halloween in the neighborhood, I dressed up in a witch costume and went trick-or-treating with Kimmy and Tad (I think).  There's a picture of my sister, now age 1, reacting with fear to my costume.  I don't know if I went around with my friends or if a parent went with me.


Fall Festival
Saturday went well!  I only sold one book, but I did meet a few people interested in Kenzie's work, and a repeat customer was looking for more erotica authors.  I pulled out the print copies of Brynn's Tribute For The Goddess and Regina/Cindy/Desiree's Mistlestoe Magic trilogy, and wrote down names, plus Anny's, Mia's, and Bronwyn's books.  Hopefully these ladies will soon see an increase in sales:)

I'm off to do laundry and some light housecleaning before diving into more Forbidden Love self-edits.  Have a good day!

1 comment:

anny cook said...

Congratulations, Molly! You've come a loooong way!