Monday, October 17, 2011

Flash Drive Distress

Something's up with one of my flash drives.  The one I bought to hold all the e-books I'd bought.  I think gremlins have invaded, or maybe the pirates.

The first time I noticed anything afoot, I was looking for Tielle St. Clare's Through Shattered Light.  But before I got to her title, I noticed Brynn and Bron's folders were missing.  Two quick emails between friends, plus a quick trip back to the TEB VIP Lounge and everything was restored.

And in the distress of that mess, forgot all about looking for Tielle's book (sorry!).

Fast-forward to last week:  I'm finished with the self-edits on Forbidden Love (book #3, yay!) and want to read a good book.  Hmmmm....think I'll try to find Tielle's again....

Nope.  Gone.  GONE!  And so are-hold onto your hats-Barb Huffert's and Dakota Rebel's!  Once again, two quick emails between friends, plus another trip back to the TEB VIP Lounge and Molly's a happy lady again.  Except, of course, for the book I WANT to read.  It's an Ellora's Cave, and my receipt is lost forever in cyber-trash.   I did recently become friends with her on Face Book, and sent a polite message to her, with hopefully enough details about the plot to prove I actually DID read it back in 2007 or 8, and would she please send me another copy?

Sigh....no answer yet, and I THINK I have the book saved on a 3.5 floppy.  So I guess I'll have to find someone with a computer who still has a disk drive.  Or go buy an external.

You know, if every online publisher/bookstore would have something like the VIP lounge at TEB, this whole thing could have been avoided....imho!

And The Countdown Has Begun!  One Week From Today....
You can own your own brand-spanking new copy of Love On The Rocks:)

And to tease you even more, I'm going to be posting excerpts.  And then we'll play Trivia.  But don't worry; it shouldn't be too painful.

Excerpt #1:

He kissed her again, this time slow and gentle, teasing and nipping the corners of her mouth. Elicia followed his lead, head spinning from the alcohol and the knowledge that Brent knew what he was doing. None of the guys she’d kissed before had his ability, they had all been awkward and sloppy. Here was a guy who knew what to do with his lips, and how long to keep his tongue in her mouth without getting gross about it.

Brent ran his tongue over her ear. ”Sweetheart, you want to see my room?”

His room? All of a sudden, her common sense came flooding back. If she went to his room, there was no telling what might happen, and she wasn’t ready for that. No, it was better to keep him in a semipublic place.

“Why Brent, honey, I haven’t even finished my wine.” Oh my god…are my words slurred? Surely, I’m not drunk! “And it is a Monday night. I’ve got an early class in the morning, and I need my beauty sleep.” She glanced down and looked at him from under her eyelashes.

Brent laughed. “It’s impossible for you to get more beautiful. But I wouldn’t want you to miss your class.” He eased away from her. “Do you want me to drive you back?”

Elicia downed the rest of the liquid. “It’s only four blocks; we can walk.” She tried to stand, but the room tilted and she sat back down. “Oh oh, thas’ no good. I thin’ you will have to drive me, after all.” Shit…this is so not cool! I’m acting like that goofball Fred, who got drunk at the Prom!

How to play:
-Read each excerpt between now and Thursday.
-Starting tomorrow, I'll post a question about the previous day's excerpt.  Gather the answers and send them to storimom2@aol.com next Monday the 24th and I'll pick a winner:)

Good Luck:)

2 comments:

Linda Kage said...

Oh, man. I say EVERYTHING on my flash. I'm thinking maybe I need to do a quick backup.

Congrats on the almost new release!! Yay, only seven days away. I'm very excited for you.

Molly Daniels said...

I'm getting excited too! I tell you what; I'm getting sooooo paranoid about losing my stuff, I back it on dropbox; CD's; and even print copies (my own stuff). I've lost too many files...and didn't even THINK about my e-library!