Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting Back To Work

I've enjoyed my four days off.  I attended a wedding (my youngling was the ring bearer); watched The Black Swan and No Strings Attached (enjoyed both!); put groceries in my house; read The Help (Recommended Read or GO WATCH THE MOVIE!!); and removed several hours from my DVR.

My QT yesterday provided an excellent viewpoint of work, and it sort of mirrors the attitudes of what you see on Undercover Boss, Dirty Jobs, and other DIY shows.  Instead of viewing your JOB as 'just a job' or 'just a paycheck', view it as an opportunity to be a team player.  Not just for your boss or company, but to do some good for the Lord or in general.

Say 'hello'; put a smile on your face.  You never know who is in need of a cheery voice.

Take interest in people; you never know when you might be able to lend a hand; provide a listening ear; or offer good advice.

If you go through life seeing your 'job' as something to be endured, there will be little joy in your accomplishments, and coworkers will probably view you as the office grouch.  But if you approach your job with a positive attitude to reach out to people, it uplifts everyone and makes time go faster.

Writers are solitary people, but I like to go out with friends and laugh and have a good time.  Regardless of my frustrations at home, I try to have a positive attitude.  Because, I'd rather laugh than cry.  And if all I do all the time is gripe about the lack of support from my family, no one is going to want to hang out with me for very long.  And yes, sometimes I gripe about it here, but this is my blog, my space, and I usually warn you when I'm about to rant:)

I didn't post last week because I really didn't have anything to say.  And since I'm getting ready to head back into my editing cave with Forbidden Love and Love On The Rocks is one month from releasing, I should be posting some promo sometime this month.

So go visit other more exciting/informative blogs but don't forget about me?  LOL:)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back! You're so right a positive attitude goes a long way. You're definitely a ray of sunshine for our fellow authors and readers. :)

Molly Daniels said...

I try, Amber:) But sometimes there's just nothing to say...or the time to say it.