Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Terrific Tuesday with Jenika Snow:)


Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your latest release.

Hello. Firstly I want to say how happy I am to be here. My name is Jenika Snow and I am an erotic romance author. I currently write for Siren-Bookstrand, Total-E-Bound, Passion in Print, and Evernight publishing. I live in the Northeast with my husband, our daughter, and our two cats, Milo and Otis.

My latest release, Lush, is the fourth book in my Luecross Wolf series. Below is a blurb for your enjoyment.

Blurb

What is Ophelia to do when she comes into her mating heat and is irresistible to every male in her pack?

Ophelia realises she has just come into her mating heat and that she will not be able to resist the arousal that it causes. Being irresistible to every male in her tribe would be any girls dream come true, but when the two men she lusts after the most don't show an interest, Ophelia must decide if she can let her inhibitions go with the other males.

When Chase and Xavier offer to ease Ophelia's fierce arousal, she knows that although she may not be their mate, she can't pass up their offer. She spends a pleasure filled night with the men she has always dreamed about, but when Chase and Xavier announce they have found their mate, Ophelia knows she shouldn't have let her fantasy of being with them cloud reality.

Ophelia must now decide if she can finally let Chase and Xavier go and start her life with another male, or if the temptation to be with them again is too much to resist.

Reader Advisory: This is the fourth book in the Luecross Wolf series, but can be read out of order. This book contains a scene of anal penetration and double penetration.

Have you ever had an idea for a story which scared you after you began writing it?

Yes. I am actually currently writing a story that tells with forced seduction. I worry it is a little too strong a content, seeing as I have never written anything like it before, but when the idea came to be I was so engrossed I knew I had to write it.

Have you incorporated actual events from your own life into your books?

Yes. I have incorporated places I have lived, and small snippets of things that have happened to me or people I know. I think it makes the story a little more believable, even if the reader doesn’t notice what those small details are right away.


How much research do you do? Do you research first and then write, or do you write first, then research as needed?

I do quite a bit of research for my Blood Breed series, and have started delving into the BDSM research for my Dominance and Submission line. Normally when a story comes to me I just go with the flow and try not to worry too much about details that might take away from the plot and characters.

Is there any message you want readers to take from reading your work?

I want them to be able to see and feel what is going on not just read it. I want them to feel like they are right there, with the characters, experiencing what they’re experiencing.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? And have you ever had a story take on a life of its own?

I not plot out much. I see the main concept for the story in my mind and then start writing it. The story kind of unfolds on its own, and then when it is down I do another read-through which usually has me changing things around. It is all down on a sort of whim.

I think all my stories kind of take on their own life. I like to have the freedom to have the characters just go with the flow, so to speak. They speak and I listen, then I write down what I see.

How long did it take for you to be published?

I wrote my first story in 2008. I submitted it in 2009, got several rejection letters, but finally got it accepted around June 2009.

If you could go back and tell yourself anything when you first began your writing career, what would you say?

Don’t fret over the little stuff. When I got that first rejection letter it stung, badly, but I kept on trucking, despite my misery over my work not being “liked”. It is challenging, for sure, but I think I would tell myself that over and over again to not be so discouraged.

Laptop or pen and ink? What are your ‘must-haves’ when writing?

Laptop, for sure. Although I have to say when I first played with the idea of writing a story and jotted it down on paper. Now I have to use a computer because it is so much quicker, and eco friendly.

My must-haves? Good question. All I need is a computer, ideas, and a little motivation and I am good to go.

Who are your favorite authors? Who would you say influenced you the most?

I love so many that it wouldn’t be far too only name a few. When I first started writing it was Christine Feehan and Lora Leigh that inspired me to write. I loved their worlds and the characters they created. They were the ones that gave me the passion to actually go through with my book.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

I have OCD. I have lived with it since I was twelve. It has been tiring for me through the years, but right now it is manageable. If you want to learn more about OCD, check out International OCD Foundations. It has some awesome information.

http://www.ocfoundation.org/

For Fun:

What is your favorite Spring Break vacation?

Honestly? I don’t go on spring break. My favorite vacation thus far would have to be Holland. I went to Amsterdam with my mom, sister, daughter and husband. It was amazing! We went to Anne Frank’s house and saw some pretty amazing things. The weather was also a beautiful 70 degrees (in August mind you) the entire time we were there!

Favorite St. Patrick’s Day memory or ritual? (ie: Do you wear green? Fix corned beef and cabbage? Speak with an Irish dialect for fun?)

The last time I celebrated St. Patrick’s day was several years ago. My husband and I went down to Columbus with some friends and partied the whole night. I got pretty drunk, but I remember the night so I guess it wasn’t all bad.

I’m a March Madness fan. Do you follow the college basketball tournaments? If so, who’s your favorite team?

I don’t watch sports, well, if you count gymnastics and ice skating then I do watch them. J

Thank you for being here today! Please tell us where we can find your books.

My books can be found at:

Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/jenika-snow

All Romance Ebooks: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=author&qString=Jenika+Snow

Total-E-Bound: http://www.total-e-bound.com/authordetail.asp?A_ID=112

Evernight Publishing: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/pages/Jenika-Snow.html

Passion in Print: http://www.passioninprint.com/future.php

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jenika+snow&x=0&y=0

Barnes & Noble: http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=jenika+snow&page=index&prod=univ&choice=allproducts&query=jenika+snow&flag=False&r=1&ugrp=1

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenika...I have a friend with OCD and know it's not easy to live with.
I've read the Dominance and Submission line...loved it! :)

Anonymous said...

I first read one of Jenika's books for a review I did for Happily Ever After Reviews. Soon after, we became crit partners and now, I'm proud to call her my friend.

She is a formidable writer, full of ideas and writes books that keep you engaged from the first page.

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for being with me today Jenika:)

Jenika Snow said...

Sorry I am late, guys! Thanks for having me Molly and thank you all for the wonderful comments!!

Hi Desmond and Amber!