Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday's Stupid Saying

Sam is an idiot. I-D-O-U-T. Idiot.

basketball Shaquille O'Neal, on Chicago Tribune sportswriter Sam Smith

This has been an awesome week for myself and Kenzie:)

Mon: Kenzie was offered a contract at Secret Cravings Publishing for Appetite For Desire.

Wed: Freya's Bower confirmed she now has an editor for Teacher's Pet, and edits will begin soon. Also, to expect a contract for Class Reunion, the long-awaited sequel to All She Ever Wanted. FB's sister company, Wild Child, will also be looking at Forbidden Love, the 3rd book in the Arbor U series. Will Keri's story finally be told, or will I have to shop it around some more?

And finally yesterday, I received an intriguing phone call for a job interview. During the call, I mentioned my friend who works for this company, and he stated he'd talked to him about me already and based on the information plus my resume, "I'm VERY INTERESTED in speaking to you further about this position."

Gulp. What did B say about me? And do I really want a job where I won't be able to write regularly anymore? Or spend my entire shift on the internet? The interview is set for next Wednesday, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, two friends of mine are celebrating birthdays, so Happy Birthday! You know who you are.

And in other news, my dear friend Regina Carlysle had a new release yesterday! She's over at Amber Skyze's blog, so go over and say hi:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out for Regina and I. Love that stupid saying!

Great week for you..congrats on all fronts. Keep us posted on the job.

Janice Seagraves said...

Good things are heading your way. Gee, that sounded like a fortune cookie, didn't it?