Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Terrific Tuesday with Patricia Pellicane:)


Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your latest release.

Hi Molly, thanks for having me.

Heat Lightning

By

Patricia Pellicane

Release date, November 9, 2010

Have you ever had an idea for a story which scared you after you began writing it?

I once wrote a thriller/romance. The villain was a spree killer, a total nut job. I creeped myself out, while writing him. First I thought this is fun. I can kill anyone I want. Then when I started describing his dreams, delving some into his psyche, I thought, am I writing this crazy sh*%#? Where did that come from? That was a little scary. I didn’t know I had it in me.

Have you incorporated actual events from your own life into your books?

Sure. For instance, when I was just married, my husband had this awful habit of looking out the front door, because we had no windows, on that wall of the apartment. Not a problem you say? It is when you’re naked.

Granted, no one could see anything except his head, especially since it was dark outside, but it drove me crazy.

One day I snuck up behind him and pulled the door open and shoved him outside. Slammed the door and locked it.

Very gently as to bring no notice to himself, he knocked, called me a maniac and asked to be let back in. I thought it was hysterical. He didn’t think it was all that funny. No sense of humor, I say. LOL By the way he never did it again.

I did the same to one of my heroes in my early pieces.

How much research do you do? Do you research first and then write, or do you write first, then research as needed?

I research for time and place. If it’s a historical piece I research daily living during that time period. This is basic. Later I might research again if needed. Of course it’s happened that I found a mistake too late, but usually if you research an era, that doesn’t happen too often.

Is there any message you want readers to take from reading your work?

No. My books are pure escapism. They’re meant to take your mind off your worries and enjoy the fantasy.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? And have you ever had a story take on a life of its own?

Most of my books take on a life if their own. That’s why I hate to do a tight synopsis. Sometimes I it’s hard to stick with it. And if you gave it to an editor, you have to stick with it.

Mostly I have a general idea of what I’m writing about. Most of the time, the ending hasn’t come to me, yet. So I’d have to say I’m not much of a plotter.

How long did it take for you to be published?

Five years.

If you could go back and tell yourself anything when you first began your writing career, what would you say?

Keep writing. Send out what you’ve done, but don’t wait for an answer. Keep writing.

Laptop or pen and ink? What are your ‘must-haves’ when writing?

I write at my computer. At first I thought I’d never be able to do it, because I have notes everywhere, but it works out.

Most often I have a cup of tea or a diet soda at my desk, no other must haves.

Who are your favorite authors? Who would you say influenced you the most?

I have many favorites. James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, among others, but the one who influenced me most was Kathleen Woodiwiss.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

Sorry, I’ve no secrets. Everything that sounds juicy and delicious is in my head. Mostly I’m boring.

For Fun:

Favorite Thanksgiving memory?

I never have less than 20 members of the family for dinner. Every Thanksgiving is loud, confusing, full of teasing and laughter and exhausting. Everyone is my favorite.

Any special Thanksgiving traditions?

Nothing I can think of. So many people we can’t fit on two tables set for ten each. The kids always eat first. Maybe that’s a tradition, or will become one.

Pumpkin Pie or cake?

Oh please, if only it was that simple. After a massive feast, that would make Henry the 8th jealous, we have at least five different deserts including pies, cakes, puddings, ice cream, brownies, with loads of whipped cream and more.

Thank you for being here today!

Thank you for having me.

Please tell us where we can find your books.

My old printed books are at Amazon. If you find one and like it, don’t tell me, tell the editor.

My ebooks are at

Resplendence Publishing and Total-e-bound Publishing.

Find me at Facebook and my website www.PatriciaPellicane.com/

HEAT LIGHTNING

By

Patricia Pellicane

Historical Erotic Romance

Published by Resplendence Publishing

Released Date, November 9, 2010

EXCERPT:

Two nights later Abby sat at her mother’s kitchen table and behind her spectacles blinked her pretty, dark blue eyes. “Who won?”

“I did, sweetie,” her mother said as she gathered both the cards and the money at the center of her table toward her.

“I thought the sayin’ goes, something like, unlucky at cards, lucky at love?”

Lilly flashed Jeb a smile. “Seems I’m lucky at both.”

“Are we finished?” Abby asked.

“Not unless you want to stop,” Jeb returned.

“Oh no. I think this is great fun.”

“I’m afraid I have to get up early so this will probably be my last hand,” Mr. Blake said.

“Oh please, Mr. Blake. Don’t go yet. I’m having such a good time.”

The cards were gathered together, shuffled and handed to Abby. “Oh, I think I’d better not deal. I’m not sure I could. Would you deal for me?” she asked Linc.

“Sure.”

The cards were dealt, bets laid and each party asked for two or three until it was Abby’s turn. She simply asked, “I’m sorry to be such a pain, but I keep forgetting. If I have a king, queen, jack, ten and a nine. Is that any good?”

All around the table muttered groans of one sort or another as they threw their cards into the center and to Abby’s delight, she was told she won.

They played a few more hands. Abby won three in a row. It was the last hand when she asked, “Is it a good thing if all the cards have that same little diamond shape at the edge? Is that called a full house?” Everyone, again with groans of despair, threw their cards into the center of the table.

Abby grinned and took the money. But before her cards were slipped back into the deck Linc took them and frowned. “You could get shot for cheating at cards, you know.”

“Me?” she blinked and asked in all innocence. “When did I cheat?” she asked as she took the cards and suddenly with nimble fingers was able to shuffle them better than any dealer he’d ever seen, before laying them out in a smooth perfect semi-circle near the center of the table.

Linc’s dark gaze narrowed threateningly. “You said you had a flush.”

Abby shook her head and grinned as she counted her winnings and in exaggerated innocence returned, “If I remember correctly, what I said was, ‘if all the cards have that little diamond thing, is that called a full house’?”

Jeb was laughing so hard he had to wipe his eyes with the back of his hands, while Lilly grinned. “I knew I didn’t make a mistake sending you off to school.”

Linc gaze narrowed threateningly. “I owe you for that.”

“Yeah?” she turned to sneer in his direction. “Why don’t you try and collect it, mister.”

* * * *

His mouth pulled sharply away from hers. Cheek to cheek, they gasped for their every breath, when she groaned, “You’re ruining everything.”

“Am I?” He smiled as he pulled back a bit and ran his thumb over her lips. “What did I ruin?

She shook her head. “I’m engaged.”

“Are you?” He looked at her eyes. “And you love him?”

“Would I marry him if I didn’t?”

Linc grinned, took her hand and said, “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“The barn.”

Abby made a low protesting sound deep in her throat, even as she allowed him to take her hand and lead her from the porch. “I don’t think…”

“Sometimes you’re better off if you don’t.” At the barn he turned to face her with a grin. “If you loved him, you would have said you do.” He moved her so he could press her up against the inside wall. “So why are you marrying him?”

“How is anything I do your business?”

“I want you.”

“I hate you.”

“Jesus,” he shook his head. “I don’t care,” he said as his mouth lowered again to hers.

* * * *

Abby arched her neck, her back, and finally her hips, the movement bringing them closer together. He was gasping for his every breath. “Don’t move,” he warned. “I need to wait.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re new at this and it won’t be good for you if I don’t wait.”

“It feels pretty good so far.”
“That felt better than pretty good and don’t be a brat.”

Abby laughed, and the laughter caused her muscles to squeeze tighter around his cock. He trembled in mind-shattering pleasure. “Jesus.”

“Are you sure you want to wait?”

“Oh my God, are you trying to tease me into making love to you?”

“Me? I wouldn’t think of it, I’m sure.”

“When you stretch like that, I’m damn near…Jesus, I’m crazy about you.”

“You’re crazy period.”

Gently slowly he began to move into her and out and then deep into her once more. “Kiss me again.”

She groaned at the sensations he was causing her. “I don’t kiss strange men.”

Linc laughed.

“And you are the strangest man I’ve met to date.”

“Kiss me anyway.”

“I suppose I could spare a kiss,” she shrugged, then gasped as the sensations began again, the tightening across her stomach, the heavy ache for more of this magic. “But only one, mind you.”

“I only want one,” he said as he pushed harder, deeper into her. “Make it a good one, it’ll have to last me some.”

“Will it? I wonder why?” she asked as her mouth teased his. She rubbed her lips back and forth, soft, softer, tempting his to part and when he did, she sucked the taste of him into her, devouring him with teeth and tongue, she sought out every hot, delicious, mysterious crevice

And then she forgot their teasing words. Forgot to think, forgot everything, but the need for more of this delicious man. Her thoughts and vision, her entire world narrowed into one desperate tormented purpose. She had to have more. He had to give her more.

And he did. He gave and he gave until she thought she couldn’t bear the pleasure another second and keep a thread of her mind.

Her body grew tight, tighter, hard and harder. “More,” she grunted above the sounds of their desperate breaths. “You have to give me more.”

“Yes,” he managed. “I can hardly hear above the pounding of blood in my head, my ears. I think you’re killing me and Jesus, I have to.”

2 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for being with me today Patricia:)

Linda Kage said...

Hi Patricia, I LOVE the cover of that book. WOW. I think my hubby would probably murder me if I ever did that to him, but your story still made me laugh. It was nice to meet you!! Congrats on your book.

And Molly, I have an award for you over at my blog. Actually, I have an award for the other you!!