Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Most Memorable of 2009

I forgot to do this last month. But since the LRC polls closed yesterday, I decided to go ahead and post mine today. Apparently last year I did this in January, after the P&E poll.


The publisher I bought from the most? Three way tie between TEB, EC, and Siren/BookStrand.


Most Frequent Author? Tie between Ashley Ladd and Regina Carlysle


New Author? Regina Carlysle


Now to the actual books. I couldn't just pick a top 5, so I went back and picked the most memorable for each month. How did I choose? I looked at the beginning of the week or month where I posted the books and if I could still recall the storyline, I picked the one that jumped out as the most memorable. And in some instances, choosing just one was impossible.

Jan: Brit Party antho by Brynn Paulin, et al. And Twilight by Stephanie Meyers

Feb: Tie: A Psychic Hitch by Bekki Lynn and The Best New Toy of the Season by Elaine Cantrell.

Mar: This month was tough. I read books by Jodi Picoult and Michael Palmer, plus more of the Twilight saga. As far as the e-books went...tie between To Hate and To Hold by Dakota Rebel, Jake's Return by Liana Laverentz., and Soul Stone by Elyssa Edwards

Apr: Thin Ice by Liana Laverentz, American Beauty by Ashley Ladd, and Flavia's Secret by Lindsay Townsend.

May: E-Book: Stone and Sea by Cindy Spencer Pape and Killer Curves by Regina Carlysle. Print: Marriage Proposal by Kelly Kirch and Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie

June: Memories I Choose To Keep by Kazuko Sato and Drake's Rules by Barb Huffert

July: To Love A Hero by Mona Risk

Aug: Babies In The Bargain by Mona Risk and Julie and Julia by Julie Powell

Sept: Last Man On Earth by Ashley Ladd

Oct: Second Sight Dating by Marianne Stephens

Nov: First and Ten by Fran Lee

Dec: The rest of the Carnal Reunions series.

So what's your opinion? Agree with me or am I showing favoritism? And if you've not read any of these books, please put them on your TBB list. IMHO, you're missing out.

Olympic Update:
Women's Figure Skating (Short Program):
1st Place: Korea
2nd Place: Japan
3rd Place: Canada's Joannie Rochette (the one who lost her mom several days ago. WONDERFUL performance!)

USA's Rachel Flatt is in 5th place, and Mirai Nagasu is in 6th.

Men's Giant Slalom:
Gold: Switzerland
Silver: Austria
Bronze: Austria




11 comments:

Liana Laverentz said...

Hi, Molly!

Thanks for naming Thin Ice and Jake's Return as two of your most memorable books in 2009. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Liana Laverentz
www.lianalaverentz.com

Unknown said...

I'll have to add some to my TBR pile. Some I've read and totally agree! :)

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Regina is one of my faves too!

Lindsay Townsend said...

Hi Molly! Thank you so much for naming my 'Flavia's Secret' as a memorable book in 2009. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!

Best wishes, Lindsay Townsend
http://www.lindsaytownsend.net

Brynn Paulin said...

I love To Hate and To Hold. It's one of my favorite books.

Molly Daniels said...

I only read half the amount I read last year; hoping to correct that this year. Hopefully our economic situation will improve and I can buy more; also, since I'm getting the elusive e-reader, I won't have to fight for computer time in order TO read!

Linda Kage said...

I think this is cool how you list your most memorables of the year. I like that idea. Might have to try it.

And every reader has their favs, so I don't think it's possible to show favoratism. This is all purely your opinion, right?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Linda; I did this last year after several of my favorite authors won the poll, but apparently they weren't supposed to let the world know they'd won yet, and were disqualified. So this was my way of letting the world know I thought they were tops!

barbara huffert said...

Wow! Thank you Molly. I'm thrilled that Drake's Rules made your list.

Unknown said...

Thanks Molly! I'm honored to be on your list, not just once but twice. I'll definitely have to read some of the other books on your list I haven't yet. Now that I have an ereader I'll load them on.