Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP Johnny Castle, Sam Wheat, and Orry Main

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner..."

"Ditto..."

"I hope and pray our friendship survives this awful war, George..."

Just a few of the memorable lines delivered by Patrick Swayze, who lost his battle with pancreatic cancer last night.

Tune in later today; I've got two HS seniors job-shadowing me today, and contrary to popular belief, they will NOT be sleeping and watching TV all day. If you'll recall, K learned how to post a blog entry last year AND wrote a cute little story based on his pet rat. This year, his assignment is to research and finish his Eagle Scout paper, required for his final merit badge.

S will be checking in later; no, not my S; this S is one of the many teens in the area who call me 'Mom'. She has a doctor's appointment, so check back around noon. I'm going to have her as a guest blogger. Topic is unknown; I have one in mind, but I'm not sure if she'll feel comfortable talking about it. So in the meantime, check in with everyone else; I'll be trying to steal some writing time for myself the next three days.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting. I'll check back later. :)

Regina Carlysle said...

I'm so sad to hear about Patrick Swayze!

Unknown said...

RIP, Patrick. I'll always love him as Johnny Castle. He was so sexy, so cute.

On a personal level, his death reminds me of my mom. She also died from cancer at age 58, almost exactly the same age. What a young, senseless age to die. What a painful way. I'm glad they're out of pain and misery but I'll forever miss them both.