Thursday, September 17, 2009

Heartache

Everything happens for a reason, right? That seems to be the theme I keep clinging to this past year.

First it was anxiously waiting for D to return to work. Then it was my release date. And having the money for my usual summer 'book tour'.

This summer has been full of bitter pills and promises of 'next year'. And I made the choice to attend my son's activities and miss out on a few sales venues.

Well, another blow has hit me. I'm not going to be able to attend RomantiCon, after all. D is thinking his job won't last past the end of the month, and even though I've tried over the past two months to break down the cost into smaller 'payments', I keep hearing 'maybe next week...'

Guess what? 'Next week' is here. And he's reluctantly agreed to pay the small booth rental fees for the two Fall Festivals coming up in October and November. But not for the hotel, the registration fee, or gas money to travel to Ohio. I am so gratefull to Valerie at EC who has patiently waited and waited, taking my phone calls and returning them, extending the deadline until the money was available. But with it being less than a month away, she can no longer wait.

So now, my hotel room is up for grabs if anyone wants it. Email me at storimom2@aol.com if you want to go but still need a place to stay. I won't be needing it after all.

Everything happens for a reason. And I hope to see you next year, or even at RT. It's in Columbus next April, right? It's only 5 or 6 hours away. And maybe by then this economy will be better for everyone.

Thank God for chocolate. "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..."

3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

I'm really sorry, Molly. I know how disappointing that is. Start planning for next year.

Anny Cook said...

Yep, I can certainly understand your disappointment! Looking forward to seeing you next year!

Unknown said...

Hugs. I haven't been able to afford to go to a romance conference in a couple years. Not to visit my dad, either. And this year, the money situation is even worse. I'd hoped to go to Epicon in NO this spring, but it's really doubtful. I've scheduled vacation for next June so I can go to Lori Foster's event and visit my dad at the same time, but even that is up in the air. I have to sock money away for it. The event is cheap and I stay with my dad. But there's still plane fair...