Friday, July 24, 2009

TGIF!!!

Big Brother Update:
I knew Laura was going home, and yes, Ronnie has been caught in so many lies...he thinks he might be safe, but if the house is smart, they'll put him up for eviction (just to rattle his cage) and possibly back-door Russell. That's my prediction, anyways!

Am I The Only One?
Does this irritate anyone? You receive an email offer; you go the site and what they are offering, no matter how tantalizing or opportunity-wise, is out of your price range. You click off and go on your merry way.

Suddenly, every few hours there's another email, telling you this 'great offer' is going fast and you're going to miss out.

I don't know about you, but if I know I can't afford it, a barage of emails designed to make me think I'm being 'left out' is NOT going to make me beg, borrow, or steal the money in order to join in! It just makes me madder...if the money DOES become available, and it's something I really really want, I'll hang onto the original email until it's too late!

So quit bombarding me with marketing opportunities, marketing-guru-who-will-not-be-named-here!! I don't CARE if you're making millions; I don't CARE if you can share your secrets for only $999-2999; Drop the price to around $100 or less and we'll talk. Same goes for advertising for my books, ads in newspapers, or 'come to our book signing...only $2300 to join us and get the word out to millions of people!'

Come to my state; I can drive myself. Offer to put an ad in my state's newspapers; we'll see if the price comes down.

Okay; Off My Soapbox
Got a busy weekend ahead. I've offered to babysit a friend's 4-yr-old; we're going to my son's football camp cookout tonight; Kid's Day at the fair tomorrow, plus taking my shift parking cars (fundraiser for football). And on Sunday, she'll go to church with us. Why am I doing this? So my 5-yr-old will have a playmate for a few days, and to help out a friend. Besides...the rides will be more fun with a friend along!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup, I hate those emails too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Regina Carlysle said...

And oh-hell-no, I don't want my penis enlarged.