Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I think Mother Nature has lost her sense of direction. Every day for the past week or so, it has rained at 5pm! And not just a tiny shower. Nooooo. I'm talking buckets! Thunder, lightening, knocking out the satelite, you name it.

So what does this have to do with direction?

It occurred to me that whenever we visit Colorado, it rained every day at 3pm. Indiana is two hours ahead of Mountain Time, so therefore we are stuck in a Colorado weather pattern!

I just thank god we're in a lower elevation and it's not SNOW!

But still...I need my spouse to go back to work, and he can't work in a swamp. Nor would I suspect the good Hoosiers want him to build solid roads with a swampy foundation, so all roadwork has been halted until this weather pattern moves out, and the ground dries!

Not to mention that a year ago about this time, our area suffered major flooding and loss of crops. So for the sake of our Hoosier economy, please, please, please, Mother Nature, send the rain somewhere else? All we want is a little bit of rain once a week. Is that asking too much?

Okay. Rant over.

Going to go drink another cup of coffee and start my day. Go over to Cindy's blog and read about her fascinating Jeopardy audition!

2 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

I think we all get sick to death of too much of anything. We seldom get rain and would love some of that. It rained last night and I was so happy about it, I just wanted to dance around in it.

Molly Daniels said...

Come on up:)

I'm just getting tired of having the spouse griping at me all the time.