Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday Ramblings

Currently Reading: This week, I'll be reading Sacred Ground by Rita Karnopp and Brits in Time by Bron, Cindy, Brynn, and the rest of the brilliant authors included in this anthology.
The rest of the month's lineup goes loosely like this:
5th-Absolute Trust-Kaenar Langford
Twisted Fayrie Tales-Lisa Logan
Greenwood Manor-Shannon Leigh
12th- Tempting Tamara-Brynn Paulin
The Gallery-Dakota Rebel
Picture Perfect-Lexie Davis
19th- Magnolia-Anny Cook
Gentle Control-Brynn Paulin
Brit Party-Brynn Paulin, et al
(Hey, it's MY birthday, and I'll buy the ones I want, ha ha!)
26th- Embezzled Love-Ginger Simpson
Cowboy Games-Wendy Darlin
Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed-Jamie Davenport


December NaNo?
It's funny; this time last year, I was so sick of the story I'd completed for NaNo, I wanted nothing more to do with it. This year, I couldn't get my brain and my fingers to even begin to cooperate! And then BAM! What happened last night at 4am?

Brain woke up.

Ever sleep/breathe your story?

I tried to go back to sleep; after all, past experience has shown me that if I had stayed up, sleepiness would set in about 5:30 or so; I'd go back to bed; oversleep the alarm; be a general grouch all day long. Or, if I fought the sleep, I'd crash in the afternoon or be totally grouchy and a bear to live with. So, doing the 'responsible' thing, I stayed in bed.

And dreamed about my characters/storyline/where I needed to make improvements.

Woke up early, showered before taking the kids to school, and as soon as I finish my internet business, I'm turning off the internet and seeing if I can stop this self-sabatoge and get my creativity back. As for an idea what self-sabatoge I'm talking about, click here, and scroll down past the post you read the other day. I added to it. I talked it over with my spouse, even to the point of breaking down in tears again. Maybe that was the trick; I actually had to voice my fears. Anyway, I'll let you know tomorrow if I was successful.

Colts Won!
It wasn't pretty, but it was a win. Anyone know how bad the Browns' QB's injuries were? I hope his leg isn't broken; only sprained.

Jeff Dunham, Anyone?
At the risk of offending anyone, I'll just say we watched Jeff Dunham's Christmas Special the other day, and found it hilarious! He works with various crazy and totally un-PC puppets, but the scene stealer this time was Guitar Guy, who tried valiently to keep a straight face while being heckled by two of the puppets!

If you know who I'm talking about and think his act is funny, let me know!

I Can Close My Fridge!
My spouse finished carving both the ham and the fried turkey last night, and I'm proud to report I can see the back wall of my refrigerator again! Turkey Tetrazzini is on the menu for tonight's meal. The potatoes and stuffing are all gone, and we still have 1 1/2 pies left, and half a bag of raw veggies.

CTR
Thanks, Coffee Time Romance, for hosting the Novel Sisterhood Reader's Retreat last month! I had a great time:) I've been told our forum is now closed; I don't know if the posts can still be read or not. I may head over there this afternoon, just to see if I can still access it. I'll let you know if we get invited back next year.

24 Shopping Days Left:
Gifts Bought: 14
Cookies Made: 0 (Hey...it's early!)

Okay; time to get crackin'! Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Wendi said...

What a nice surprise to see Cowboy Games on your list! I hope you enjoy your trip to the ranch. ;)

Wendi Darlin

Molly Daniels said...

It took a few months, but it finally made it near the top! I'm looking forward to it:)

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Congrats on having your brain wake up! And I loved the Jeff Dunham Christmas Special too!

Carol Preflatish said...

The Browns QB is out for the year, but I can't remember what they said happened to his leg. It looked like his knee was twisted when he was hit. So glad the Colts won and you're right, it was not pretty.

Carol

Jami Davenport said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jami Davenport said...

Molly,

Wendi told me about our books being on your list. Wow, how very cool!!! I'm very flattered to be included on your list.

After you enjoy your trip to the ranch, I hope you have a fun and relaxing time in the islands (my book is set in the San Juan Islands).

Jami Davenport

Unknown said...

I only have 2 gifts bought and no cookies made.

Anonymous said...

WE LOOOOVE HIM!!!

"Jeff-ff-ff, Dun-ham. DOT com!" "Oh Jeff-ff-ff oh Jeff-ff-ff without me you really suck-ck-ck."

Heh.

Molly Daniels said...

My fav was Achmed and his 'Poliosis':)

Hi Jami! Sorry I spelled you name wrong! I think I have another of your books on that list too; I'll have to check.

I'm not adding any new ones until at least late Feb; I want to get it back under control:)