Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Patience

It pays to be patient. Over the summer I had a stressed-out friend, and I decided to give her time, and not get angry with her.

It paid off. She emailed me yesterday, and while dinner last night was out of the question (her meeting, my writer's group), we got together for breakfast and TALKED. She even asked about how my books were selling:)

Will she show up on Friday at the signing? I highly doubt it. But the fact she asked, with no prompting hints dropped from me, and even praised my efforts, was a sign she regrets her snappiness a few months ago. She even promised to let me know the next time she was free for lunch, since I'm the one with the flexible schedule.

And yes, I teased her gently about her 'I have a life' statement, and we laughed about her meltdown. She told me she's missed my ability to cheer her up!

Baby steps to rebuilding a friendship.

2 comments:

Carol Preflatish said...

Isn't it great when our friends, who really don't understand about our writing, ask us how it's going? I have a friend who does that every once in a while and I appreciate it when she asks.

Carol

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're rebuilding the friendship. I hope it works out. It seems to be.