Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ouch! My Aching Ears....

Heard something rather disturbing on the radio.

Does anyone remember Prince's "Darling Nikki" song from Purple Rain?

Some idiot band has chosen to remake it.

Why couldn't they have picked another one?

On a good note...
Had another strange dream last night, along the same lines as the other one. Only this time I was wearing my pink Colts tee and blue Colts pj pants...

At least I had clothes on!

What does it mean when you dream about your favorite character, and his relatives all show up and either warn you or show approval? Am I getting too emeshed in my story? (Is 'emeshed' even a word?? It looked funny with two 'm's...and can't find it in my trusty dictionary!)

5 comments:

Bronwyn Green said...

Really? Darling Nikki? I can't imagine a cover of that. However, Ani Difranco did do a brilliant cover of When Doves Cry. It's great!

Molly Daniels said...

I guess they couldn't very well do '1999', lol!

K.T. Bishop said...

I think there should be a rule prohibiting remaking Prince songs. I hated it when Ginuwine did When Doves Cry, Hammer sampled When Doves Cry. Let's not forget Marah and Dru Hills' version of the beautiful Ones. I'll scream when someone does Adore and Purple Rain.

Anny Cook said...

enmeshed...

Molly Daniels said...

No wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks, Anny...