Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Didn't Mean to Break It, Honest!

My keyboard wouldn't respond to the desktop this morning. I rebooted; nothing.

So I got the bright idea to unplug it and reconnect it.

Oops...now it won't go in the slot!

What the...

What is it with me and electronics these days? I should just stay away from them until I've had my daily caffeine? Fully dressed? Go back to the library?

Jackie came over and said one of the prongs was bent. She tried to fix it; nope, won't connect. An hour later, K walks in and plugs it in WITH NO PROBLEM! Oh wait...it still doesn't respond.

I may go get the other keyboard and see if it will cooperate!


Do Men Watch Reality TV?

I posed this question last night, and received 2 answers: Survivor and So You Think You Can Dance. I'd forgotten all about the Celebrity Dance one; would a man in his thirties watch it, and have an 'office pool' type thing on who wins? What are your thoughts?

I asked a couple of teen boys; they don't watch Reality TV...but my son likes Survivor and (gag!) Shot at Love with Tila Tequila.

8 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Huh, your keyboard, my monitor. Hope yours gets fixed!

As for guys/TV, my dh and ds mostly watch movies. They like comedy, too, like The Office. As for reality TV, they like those Japanese shows with the obstacle courses.

Molly Daniels said...

Maybe this is so I get used to the laptop??? I just found the 'bookmarks' link at the top. Maybe daughter would agree to me setting up my own account, instead of using hers all the time?

Thanks for stopping by! I love meeting new readers!

MJFredrick said...

You might fall in love with the laptop, be warned! My dh bought one, I used it over Christmas break, then had to have my own (refurbished, for $300)

I like your blog - great posts.

Kenzie Michaels said...

Thank you:) I try to be entertaining at times:)

Kenzie Michaels said...

Oops...forgot I was still logged in under my other name!

Molly/Kenzie (who's not pubbed yet!)

Unknown said...

My guys like Fear Factor, the one where they eat gross bugs and do dangerous and yucky stunts.

As for electronics, my headset at the day job snapped yesterday, so I'm not doing too well with them, either.

barbara huffert said...

I love my laptop! I barely use my desktop anymore. I might once it cools off and I can sit upstairs with the porch door open...or maybe I'll just take my laptop out with me.

Sandra Cox said...

Ouch! About your keyboard.
I just don't get the reality thing.