Friday, April 25, 2008

Whoa...

Currently Reading: James Michenors' Carribbean. I loved Hawaii and Centennial, but could never take an interest in Texas. I'm on chapter 3 and loving it!

E-Book: I absolutely loved Jan Scarbough's A Man of Her Own! I highly recommend this one...I couldn't take my eyes off the screen and kept scrolling! Good job, Jan...I'll have to check out your other books as well! Next up: Ginger Simpson's Prairie Peace. I forgot to mention this earlier; I was one of the winners in her impromptu contest last week, and she sent it to me. Don't think I'll be able to get to it until Monday, so keep checking back!


Remember the earthquake last week? We've been having aftershocks; mainly in the middle of the night.

We just had another slight tremor. This time I thought the dog was behind my chair until I noticed the lamp swaying back and forth! This is freaky...

Preparations Continue

We know approximately when everyone is arriving tomorrow; we've decided to order pizzas in the afternoon, so there is no mad rush at any restaurant. Rehearsal was last night, and my son has warned me that the Bishop 'uses a mop to fling the Holy Water' at the congregation. If I don't wish to be drenched, I'd better sit as close to the far edge, away from the center aisle, as possible...

Have to take my daughter to the doctor for a sore throat; when we get home it will be 'Operation Clean-Up'...detailed dusting, vacuuming, and shining up the bathroom and kitchen floors. Fun, fun...Maybe next week things will settle down and my urge to write will return? I did a word count last night and realized everything I've written the past two weeks will need to be revised. The story is moving too slowly. Time to speed up the action! I just either need to give up sleeping or move out of the house for a couple of days...but I don't think the kids would go for that option!

I'll figure it out.

Hopefully.

New Kid on the Blog

Ms Jackie changed her blog and her name! Check out the J Lynn Rogers link to the left or click here: http://jlynnrogers.blogspot.com and tell her I sent you:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Really? You didn't like Texas? I thought that and Alaska were two of his best books

Molly Daniels said...

Mom liked Alaska...I've never read it. We're going to swap books when I'm finished. I'll wait a couple of years and give Texas another try.

barbara huffert said...

Ooh, good thing I'm not joining you. I'd probably be scalded if I got hit with Holy Water.

Sandra Cox said...

Good luck reenergizing your muse.

Phoenix said...

LOL, Barb!!!

Molly Daniels said...

I'm living proof that no lightening bolts struck me dead when I 'defied' convention and took Communion when I wasn't supposed to:)