Sunday, April 13, 2008

So Tired...

First of all, the good news.

I managed to sell NINE books up at Purdue this past weekend, despite the cold, wet, rainy weather. And my parents even showed up and bought me lunch:) I passed out all but 18 bookmarks, which means Office Max is going to love me again in two weeks. And met some girl scouts who now can't wait to be old enough to read my series....or so they said! They enjoyed the M&Ms and told me all about the creepy crawlies and making snow globes. And one girl even ate a chocolate covered cricket!

2) Son's BSA award gala went well! Saw some people associated with his troop up north, and visited for a while afterwards.

Now for the bad:

1) My lunch gave me 'problems' all the way home. Enough said.

2) Stopped by my bff's house to surprise her....only, she wasn't home! I really need a cell phone....

3) Caught a train 30 minutes from home, and it stopped for 15 minutes.

4) Came home and discovered a good friend of ours was in the hospital with congestive heart failure....the same one who buried his aunt last week! So far, he's stable, and we're going out later tonight to see him. I may go do some final errands with Jackie, as there are still papers to sign from last week's funeral.

5) This wet weather has aggravated my asthma, and I've had to hit the inhaler twice today...most annoying! For those who have no clue...imagine having something tiny stuck in your throat, that you can't cough up and can't swallow. A persistant hack that annoys not only you, but everyone around you! And when I puff too close together, I get the shakes and can't type or write.

And to top it all off, I'm somewhat sleep-deprived. Friday night, my mom and I stayed up until 2 am, watching 'Murder She Wrote' and looking through the old family albums. I was looking for the pics of our 1st trip to Disney; I couldn't remember if it was 1975 or 76. Finally found it; we were there in '75! (Trivia: Space Mountain opened that year; My mom took a picture of it.) I woke up at 8:30 and watched 'The Jazz Singer', starring Neil Diamond!

And I arrived home last night at 11 pm; by the time I unloaded the car and got caught up on John's condition, it was 1 am before I went to bed, and got up at 7 am to try to go to the early service at church. Didn't make it. And since it is after nine; the pizza is due to arrive any moment; we still have a hospital visit to make....I hope I'm in bed by midnight! Also just realized I've missed Big Brother...who won HOH? Who did they nominate for eviction? I want Natalie out of there so badly....

Pittsburgh or Bust!

Several of my fellow authors are headed to RT this weekend. Hey, Kell, do you think I'd fit in your trunk? If you want to see some cool items, visit Anny's page www.annycook.blogspot.com and see the hair picks she's made for the convention! And now I wish I'd entered Sandra's contest...but I only got 3 of them right. I correctly guessed AJ's, Anny's, and Kelly's baby pics. I totally mixed up Brynn and Bron, as well as Sandra and Mona. Sigh...Oh well...

Pizza's Here!

Maybe after some food and a good night's sleep I'll be more chipper tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess you and I will be home from RT. Do you know yet if you're going to Lori Foster's event this summer?

Anny's hair clips are adorable. Especially the frog ones.

I must've guessed something right as I won one of her books.

barbara huffert said...

I'm not going to RT either. Or Lori's event which sounds amazing. So deprived here!

Wonderful news about your signing. Head this way please as you expand your circle and maybe I'll show up at one of them.

Phoenix said...

Sheila is HOH. Adam and Sharon are up with an attempt to back door Nattie. Everyone hates her.

Have a better day!