Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm So Excited!

Currently Reading: Taming Marie Antoinette, by Tilly Greene. Also went ahead and bought Jan Scarborough's A Man of Her Own.

Print book: The Quiet Little Woman, by Louisa May Alcott.


I received a wonderful email yesterday, from an e-publisher:) Although the premise of Forbidden Love intrigued them, the fact it does not have the HEA (happily ever after) ending made them turn it down.

BUT....there is a silver lining! They wanted me to send them the fourth book, with the working title of Love the Second Time Around! Keri's story plays out in this book too, mostly through Gretchen's eyes, so at least part of her story comes through, even if not the entire circumstances.

Sent it off first thing this morning...was going to do it last night, when I discovered the saved synopsis only had three lines typed! Oops...guess I need to get with the program and finish retyping the others as well! Wish me luck:)

Cincinnatti, Here I Come...

Received word last night that Jackie and I will be attending Lori Foster's Readers and Author's Get Together June 5-6! Whew! My summer is starting to fill up quickly...the Midwest Writer's is in July, and I'm also wanting to attend the craft fairs at Hazelwood, Eminence, Coatsville, Monrovia, and Moorsville, starting in late June. I received a vendor's application for Paragon, but it falls during Labor Day weekend and hubby royally objects to me setting up (or attending conventions) on holiday weekends. Maybe when I finally start to show a profit? Or he retires? Stay tuned...

Weekend Prep

Gifts have been bought. We're expecting at least 7 people on Saturday. Now to order the cake...

Enjoy the weather! We're expected to hit 80 today:)

Sigh...tagged again...

At least it's only 6 things this time.
1) I wanted to change my name to Amy as a child.
2) I'm becoming quite a good cook, much to my amazement...
3) I hate to dust.
4) In my CD case, you'll find Amy Grant, Hinder, and Celine Dion not too far from each other.
5) I still have nearly a year's worth of photos on my memory card.
6) If I receive any email I want to keep, I print it out. I've saved too many to folders, only to lose them when the computer crashed, or we moved. Therefore, my filing cabinet in the house is full of email print-outs.

I'm tagging anyone on my email list: Especially Joe, Jan, Erica, Nick, Enette, and Tammy...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news - well done

barbara huffert said...

Yay you for finding the time to get it finished.

Jan Scarbrough said...

I'm so pleased you bought my book! I'll be at the June event. Hope to see you there!

Molly Daniels said...

Welcome Jan:) I'm sorry I misspelled your last name...I'll correct that asap:)

I'm relieved its on the way, and I'll know more by May 21st!