Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Birthday:)

My toddler turned 4 today.

It's been a relaxing day, concluding this evening with a trip to see his grandmother and several 'adopted' grandparents at the nursing home; a trip to Ponderosa (wasn't planning to go there, but Iron Chef did Challenge: Elk, and it made us all hungry for steak!); and of course, ice cream and cake. Yes, I'm still abstaining from ice cream; I've only blown it once, and that was a lunch trip to Burger King: No iced tea, so I requested a chocolate shake. And then remembered.... shake=ice cream! Oops!

Ah well...abstaining's optional anyway...

And next week is the other celebration with more presents, more cake, and a trip to the local middle school to see the band. And oh yes, cupcakes with his class, and a sticker that reads, "It's my birthday!"

I'm not posting any books I've read, as the contest ends at midnight tonight. I've had a great time collecting answers so far...I have readers I didn't even know about! Thanks everyone! I'll toss all the names in a hat and draw out a winner on Monday.

I found out yesterday I'll be doing a booksigning up at Purdue University on April 12th. I'm excited...there's a lot of my old classmates who still live up there whom I've not seen in four or more years. Dare I hope some will show up out of curiosity?

Brynn tagged me for a photo meme...when I figure out how to do it, I'll post it. Anyone want to email me instructions?

So far, March has come in like a lamb. Which doesn't bode well for the end of the month...as long as it doesn't rain/snow/become ungodly cold on the 29th, who cares about the 31st? Oh yeah...just hubby and the kids....

Asthma's acting up again. Time to get off and go puff the inhaler!

4 comments:

Phoenix said...

go to photobucket.com. Type in your one word answer to the search box and pick a picture which comes up.

barbara huffert said...

A Burger King milkshake doesn't count as ice cream since they're all chemicals and preservatives with no frozen cream to speak of.

Yay you for your book signing! Could you start heading east with those so I can come to one?

Unknown said...

Why would anyone deny themselves ice-cream? It is just wrong. Authors need the empty calories to help them think

Molly Daniels said...

Okay...how do you get the pics to paste into the body? I right-clicked 'copy'; tabbed back; put curser into the message; right-clicked 'paste'; nothing. What am I doing wrong?