Friday, January 18, 2008

Old Friends...

Currently Reading: Reba: My Story. I'm up to 1990.
E-Book: Incognito, by Lisabet Sarai. I'm on chapter 3 or 4. I've skipped over the majority of the 'bedroom' scenes...already one has slightly turned my stomach. But the plot is interesting...more when I finish it!

Got a surprise the other day...a friend called me and wanted to show me her new business, and since it's been nearly a year since I've seen her, I told her to come on down.

We had a wonderful visit, catching up on our lives and those of our kids. Three of hers are married and in the process of moving and changing jobs, while two more are entering the military in the next few months, and the baby, who's a Senior in HS. She didn't even recognize my daughter, and my toddler has grown so much, she was thrilled!

We played a small game of 'show me yours, I'll show you mine'...she showed us the DVD presentation; I showed her the copy of my latest book. And then hubby told her we'd talk it over; I showed her the pictures I had taken at her son's wedding; we talked some more, and she left.

And later, my SIL stopped by for about an hour, and I gave her the copy of the book I'd promised her for her birthday.

It was a good day, finding out what was going on in the old neighborhood and playing hooky from the chores:)

2 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Ah the "I want to show you my new business" call. Ugh!!

I'm glad you had a fun day. Sounds like a good time of reconnection.

Molly Daniels said...

Actually, I did. Had a fantastic afternoon:)