Saturday, November 17, 2007

Santa Stroll

Word Count: 265, bringing the total to a whopping 542. Boy, do I have some catching up to do!

Sold 3 more:) That brings this week's total sales up to 9...compared to the fact it took me 6 months to sell that many of the 1st one, I'm doing fantastic:)

And the best part of today? My best friend from HS, whom I've not seen in 22 years, showed up and surprised the hell out of me! Just goes to show, true friends can pick up right where they left off...we talked non-stop for about an hour, and I probably missed out on some sales, but I didn't care. I got my friend back!

So today was a success in more ways than one. My kids were able to spend some quality time with their grandparents; I connected with a long-lost friend; 5 more copies of my books are in someone else's possession. And hubby told me he's coming home tomorrow and to order pizza tonight to celebrate. I am high on Life at the moment:)

Now if I can get that word count up...

Today is the official kick-off of the downtown Christmas shopping experience in our town. Ridiculous...we've not even celebrated Thanksgiving! But, the weater cooperated; a nice crowd was on hand last night for the lighting of the tree and the parade, and I even managed to sell 2 books.

So what will today bring? The weather promises to be in the 50's and sunny; I've told many people I come into contact with to come down and see me; I hope they do, if only to wander through Emily's shop and buy some wonderful smelling candles and some Christmas ornaments. And swipe some of the Reecee Cups the author has on her table...and take a drink of some hot cider and help themselves to a cookie or two.

I'm off to watch my Saturday morning old episodes of 90210 and then throw dinner in the slow cooker, get dressed, and head out the door. I'll post my success later tonight:)

Those zany authors have done it again...Emmeline has entered Mystic Valley, so stop by http://www.annycook.blogspot.com/ and what's going on:)

6 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Wish I were close enough to be there in person. Since I'm not I'll be there in spirit. If you see ReeCee cups floating away, that'll be me. Have a wonderful day!

Brynn Paulin said...

Good luck today!!!

Phoenix said...

Anny will no doubt create havock for me on Monday's saga. Cross your fingers and Merry Christmas, for land's sakes.

Molly Daniels said...

Had a terrific day...see update:)

Barb, I did notice a few Reecees trying to escape, LOL...

Bronwyn Green said...

Congrats on such an awesome day! I'm so happy for you on all accounts!

Unknown said...

9 books! Good work